Thursday, July 11, 2013
10 Things Thursday
10 things about my wedding day...which happened 21 years ago today.
1. I was young. Of course at the time I didn't think I was all that young. I was 20. Surely that was old enough to know all I needed to know to do grown up things like get married. Surely.
2. He was young. But older than me. He was 21. So if I didn't know something, surely he would. Surely.
3. We wore white. Both of us. It meant something to him to wear white, too. I appreciate that now.
4. I bought my dress from a JC Penney catalog. I did not try it on, just ordered. It fit.
5. My bridesmaids wore teal. Teal dresses with huge puffy sleeves and a big bow on the butt. And shoes dyed teal to match. But in my defense, we were just barely out of the 80's.
6. We made our own mixed tape of all the music for the ceremony. There was a lot of cheesy 80's love songs. But at the time they were soooo romantic.
7. Friends and family did all the decorating, made the cake, took the pictures, and organized the ceremony. In all, including the dress, I think it cost around $500.
8. I was a little nervous. Okay...I was scared to death. I don't remember why now.
9. Melted wax dropped on my finger while lighting the unity candle. My groom talked me through that with a whisper and a smile. And my nerves disappeared.
10. It was the beginning of an adventure of a lifetime...with many more adventures left to go.
Happy anniversary to my sweet husband who loves me more than I deserve. I love you.