Monday, November 06, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

Rainy days, especially warm rainy days, always make me think of my childhood. I really only remember a few things from those early years, but one particular rainy afternoon sticks with me. It was raining one of those good, southern, summer rains. The kind that you can see and hear and smell. I don't remember why we did it, but my dad and I were holding hands and running down the little dirt road from our house to my grandparents house, barefoot and laughing. It felt like we were running through a tunnel with the lush, green plants all around and above us as we made our way over and through the the warm, muddy puddles. When we got to their house, we looked in the window and waved, ran around a little more and then headed home. It was a short excursion but one that made an impression on me of how to enjoy the moment. And on more than one occasion, I have pulled my own surprised children out into the rain to splash and laugh and enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, you sure didn't seem too willing to drag all 45 of your kids out into the rain today! What's up with that?

Katrina said...

Fun!

Caleb is my puddle-splashing child. Katie likes to stay warm and dry at all times.

As for me, I'm ready for SNOW!