Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Baby News

Today it happened. I had to wear maternity pants and a maternity shirt. Up until now I have been able to get away with one or the other. But I have decided that unless the shirt is very long, I should wear maternity clothes. Believe me, no one wants to see my pregnant belly.

I haven't blogged about the baby lately. I'm never quite sure just what I'm comfortable sharing on the world wide web. But I can tell you that the baby is a girl, which we're thrilled about, and that she is scheduled to arrive in early June as long as she doesn't decide to be early.

I have been studying baby name books for the last month or so and have some ideas about names, but we won't decide for sure until we meet her. (No smart alleck comments from the peanut gallery about waiting a week to name her. You know who you are!) It will be a Bible name in some form and will probably start with an A or a J since the rest of our names start with those letters. I know that kind of limits our choices, but my favorites fit the bill anyway.

She has started to kick a little. Not enough for anyone but me to know but just enough to remind me a few times a day that she is, in fact, in there.

A mom of one of my students gave me 5 boxes of clothes last week and after going through them, I am sure that I won't have to buy clothes for this child until she's 5. And another couple that we've known since childhood is giving us a crib, stroller, and car seat. What a blessing it is to be surrounded by such generous people.

So all in all, the whole baby thing has been going okay. God put this baby in my heart long before he put her in my belly and I am convinced that He is in charge of the whole thing. So I will eat pickles and peanut butter (not together) and enjoy this time with my baby. And I know I've said it before, but this really is the last one. Really.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

"God put this baby in my heart long before he put her in my belly and I am convinced that He is in charge of the whole thing."

I just love you, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I've been chastised once already today. Being verbally upbraided is quite enough, I don't need it in print, too. You'll not hear another word from me. About that.

RosieBoo said...

How about Abigail Rose...I'm all about spreading the "Rose" name :) Or Anna Rose, which was my Mom's name. I'm so glad you have such wonderful supportive friends during this time!