Sunday, May 18, 2008

7

Today my baby turned 7. My adorable, funny, silly, smart, thoughtful baby. He is even more amazing today than he was seven years ago. I remember like it was yesterday the day he was born. He was such a cute baby with his blue eyes and barely there blond hair. We knew he was a boy so there was no surprise there, but the fact that I could be so amazed by this little person was. After all, I had just had a baby 19 months earlier. And that was amazing. But even though I had been through it before, I was once again awed by the miracle of life. And this tiny baby boy was proof again of God's gifts.

That day I had absolutely no idea just who he was. I knew he was different from his brother. I knew that before he was even born. But in the past seven years I have gotten to know this person who makes me laugh like no one else can. This person who amazes me with his thoughtful questions. This person who can drive me crazy with the silliness that is also one of my favorite things about him. This person who loves bugs and watermelon and jigsaw puzzles. And who loves to laugh and make others laugh. Who makes sound effects when he plays video games and sings when he's in the bathroom. And who would hate it if he knew that I just told you that he sings in bathroom. Adam is amazing and wonderful. He reminds me everyday to enjoy the moment and that if it's not fun either make it fun or don't do it.

And best of all, he has taught me to chase butterflies.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Awww, what a sweet tribute to your sunshiny boy. :D You're such a great mom.

Ada said...

Happy Birthday Adam D. You should remember that he can read and someday he will and you will be in so much trouble for sharing things. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from one stickman to another.