Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day

I make the rules and I say that if schools get a snow day, homeschoolers do, too. At least these homeschoolers do. Besides, it's going to take my students and co-teacher all day to dig us out.

This is Arrty standing next to his Explorer. I'm glad he's the one with the shovel and I'm the one with the camera.



The boys are trying to make a path out to the dog's house. The snow is up to their waists. We also use the swing set to measure our snow. It's well past the seats already.


They're making progress slowly but surely. By the way, the dog was in the house last night so he isn't snowed in his dog house. You can't see him but he was trying to "help" with the path. He's a huge chocolate lab and as he ran through the snow, all I could see was the top of his head.



3 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow, and I thought WE had a lot! Should have known you guys would be buried! I'm glad you gave yourselves a snow day, too. It's one of the joys of childhood, and you wouldn't want to rob the kids of that. :) (Or yourself, for that matter!)

Unknown said...

Of course I don't mind! (I copied someone else too he he he) :)

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow, I still sit in amazement at the amount of snow you all have, we rejoice down here in Southern England when we get a couple of centimetres LOL

x