Friday, February 18, 2011

Old is in the eye of the beholder.

As of today, I am married to a man who is two years older than me. And he will be two years older than me for exactly two weeks, when I turn 39. Yikes. When did we get old? How did it happen? Actually, we were talking about it and neither of us feels our age. We still feel like the 20 and 21 year olds we were when we got married. Just a little more tired at the end of the day. And with kids. Which probably accounts for the tiredness.

I've loved my husband forever. At least for as long as I can remember. The crush in grade school and middle school eventually turned into young love and has over the years evolved into this comfortable, safe, wonderful life of memories and shared goals and parenting. He says I still make his heart skip a beat. And he makes mine skip two.

Is every day easy? No. Do we always agree? Umm, no. But even so, we are in this together. For the rest of our lives. And for that I'm glad. Even if he is old.

1 comment:

kathy said...

LOVE it. he makes mine skip a beat, also. but just when he clotheslines my kid in church. and then it's mostly the sight of my kid on the floor with arrty's arm stretched in front of him, that makes it skip. (and 40 isn't THAT old. except for arrty. then it is.)