Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pictures

I'm not on the computer much at home. I tend to spend my time doing other things like cooking, cleaning, playing with the kids, and sleeping. So I rarely post pictures since my work computer doesn't have the capability to get them off my camera or disk. So I thought that today I would post some pictures from the last few weeks.

This is my class science project. Worms...awake ones...are in the cup. I actually learned a lot teaching my kindergartners about earthworms. Did you know they have 5 hearts? Or that that little band around their middle is where their eggs are stored? Me either. Until last week.


In the talent show, the boys were Darth's minions. They were bad guys, but very cute bad guys.

Light saber fighting is a talent. They choreographed the moves and practiced for weeks. It was very entertaining.

This is Josh's science project on crystals. He grew several different kinds of crystals and learned a lot. He also won first prize in his class!

Adam's project was on invisible ink. He used 8 different liquids to see which would make the best invisible ink. Surprisingly, milk worked the best. He won 2nd prize for his project!

These are Julianna's first pigtails. Oh my goodness at the cuteness!

One of the many blessings of my job is that I get to take Julianna to work with me when I need to. She hangs out with my class or in the pre-school class. She's actually learned a lot and loves to raise her hand whether she knows the answer or not. One of the hazards of having her in my class though is that she sometimes gets into things. Like the day I sat down at my desk and found this.

I guess she thought I deserved a whole lot of smiley faces and stars. Then there was this.

Her little collection of toys under my desk...snacks and friends to share them with. I never know just what I'll find after she spends the day in my classroom.

Then there's this picture from Christmas. Just 'cause, you know, my kids are so adorable.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are sure growing up. Say 'hi' to the gang for me, except the little one, as she won't have a clue what you are talking about. The Stickman

Unknown said...

Josh is looking SO much older lately!
And Jules' pigtails are a-dorable!

kathy said...

i did know they have 5 hearts. we had to dissect them in biology. do you have any idea how hard it is to dissect an earthworm? harder than you might think. it's 'cause they're so small, you see...

of course josh grew crystals. that's what powers a lightsaber. but he must have sold them to adam, because the synthetic ones make the red sabers, you see...

julianna is our class mascot, and so visits my class as well. she bosses the kids around like a pro.

Jen said...

Stickman, good to hear from you. I'm sure we'll be down to see you this spring and Julianna will enjoy visiting you as much as the rest of us do.

Alyson, Josh is so close to being as tall as me. Sometimes when he walks into the room I have to look twice to make sure that he's really my baby. Sigh.

Kathy, they should have given you those huge 3 foot long ones from Africa to dissect. Much easier I bet.