Sunday, March 04, 2007

35

Today I turn 35. Not so long ago, I couldn’t imagine being 35. I don’t feel 35. I don’t really feel any age, I just feel like me. 35 is good, though. I like being my age. I would not want to be a teenager again for sure and the twenty somethings were kind of weird; I wasn’t really sure where I fit in. But now I feel comfortable. Old enough to know better (most of the time) and young enough to be young. So here I am, closer to 40 than to 30 and halfway to 70. I have learned a few things in my short time on earth. Here are 35 of them.

*Sunny days make me feel better than gray days.
*A child’s laughter is the best sound on earth.
*Good meals are best shared with good friends.
*God’s timing is perfect.
*Change little boys’ diapers as fast as possible.
*Father (and Mother) really do know best.
*It’s fun being married to my childhood sweetheart.
*Always order the combination plate (and be prepared to share).
*God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline.
*Wear pajamas as much as possible.
*Summer vacation is best spent on the beach.
*A clean house makes me feel good.
*Prayer is my most powerful tool.
*There’s nothing better than a good nap.
*Sisterhood gets better with age.
*Marriage to a godly husband is a great gift.
*Bugs aren’t scary at all in the hands of a five year old.
*Music soothes the savage beast and the grumpy child.
*Going to the movies alone is good.
*Teaching children (especially my own) is very rewarding.
*Grace is amazing.
*Sister-friends are the best friends.
*Chasing butterflies is good exercise for body and soul.
*Sometimes I need help.
*Motherhood is wonderfully scary.
*Health is underrated.
*The Lord truly works in mysterious ways.
*Ice water is my favorite drink.
*Laughter really is the best medicine.
*The book is always better than the movie.
*Eating cold watermelon on a hot summer day is the best.
*Family is why we are here.
*God’s ways are best.
*God’s ways are best.
*God’s ways are best.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
You look like a monkey,
And you smell like one, too!

(There, does that make you feel any younger?)

Heehee--I loved sharing part of your special day today, Jen. I'm so blessed to have your friendship in my life!

Amy said...

I'm here just late enough to wish you a belated birthday and to miss out on any leftover cake!! LOL I hope it was wonderful, but from your list, I can see that God has granted you such a loving heart with a wonderful perspective on life!! I know He will continue to bless you!!!