Tuesday, August 12, 2008

32 + 1

I went to the dentist today and he told me that I have perfect teeth. "Well, almost perfect," he corrected, "No one's perfect." I brush twice a day but rarely floss and have never had any work done except for a few fillings and still have almost perfect teeth. Not bad.

He also commented on my extra tooth. You see, I have 33 teeth. Two #10s. That's the one right next to the left top front tooth. Most people have 32 teeth if all of them come in and none have been lost or pulled. I have been going to this dentist for over 20 years and he still comments on my extra tooth. At least he doesn't pull everyone in the office in to see it like he used to. Now he just comments to the hygienist about it. Every time. And he gets very excited about it. Every time. Maybe that's because I'm the only patient he's ever had with an extra tooth. And you know he's seen a lot of mouths full of teeth. (Just not as full as mine.)

So I'm pretty sure that I'm his favorite patient--almost perfect teeth and an extra tooth. You know he can't wait until February when I come back.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooo, a freaky fact about Jen! How did I never know this before. Our friendship must be a sham....

Katrina said...

I knew it! I knew it! Okay, I'm bluffing. I was totally in the dark, too. But now that we know Jen's a mutant freak, think how much more fun our girls' nights will be!

I can't wait to get this question on our next Friends Quiz.

Rinkly Rimes said...

My mother developed a lump on her chin when she was eighty. The dentist discovered a baby tooth in her jaw that had never erupted! I kept it in a jar for years and then lost it. Yet another Shaggy Tooth Story (but true)

Your fame has reached Australia!

Lil ol' me... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lil ol' me... said...

I'll try this post again. Before I got braces in the '60s, it was found that I had FOUR too many teeth. So all of those got pulled...they were rear molars, so they didn't come out easily. Then, X-rays revealed I had another tooth, stuck above the roof of my mouth, on the left side near my throat. So I had to go 'under gas'
to get that one pulled. After which I got to experience the thrill and wonderment of having metal braces. Gag. Ack. Blech...

Unknown said...

i have 33 tooth too.thats realy interesting

Anonymous said...

hey even i have 33 teeth so it is not an issue u just have one extra teeth thats all that makes u even more unique

Tommy Watson said...

Thailand. I have 33 teeth as well, but Dentist puller it out for me along with my wisdom teeth before I got my braces. No wonder I had bucked teeth.

:-) Tommy Watson