Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ramblings

I got a glimpse last week of shopping for a girl. I went looking for some long sleeve shirts for Julianna and all I could find were tiny little shirts with silly sayings on them. "Social Butterfly," "Daddy is wrapped around my finger," "Mommy's Little Angel," "Future Heartbreaker," "Party Girl," "Little Republican," "Sucker Club," "Your crib or mine?" Okay, I made that last one up but the rest are true. I don't want a message on my 3 month old daughter's chest. I just want a cute little pink shirt. It can even have flowers or butterflies. Just not "Diva." (One that was kind of cute though said, "What happens at Grandma's house stays at Grandma's house.")

We made our annual visit to Silverwood Theme Park on Sunday. We thought we should go when it was going to be warm since the boys love the water rides. It was a perfect day for it, too. Adam and Arrty went on the Aftershock and loved it. Josh isn't a big fan of rollercoasters so he and I hit Thunder Canyon a few more times. The best part for me was hearing the boys laugh and laugh on the rides. We got very wet and had a great time.

Julianna stayed with my mom while we went to Silverwood and it was the longest I had ever been away from her. It was hard. I missed her a lot. But when I went to pick her up she snuggled up to me and seemed to give me the biggest hug. I know she's too young to actually give hugs, but it sure felt like it. It was super sweet.

I am totally hooked on the "Twilight" books. Thanks, Katrina! :) I went to the Hayden library to check out "Eclipse," the third in the series and am ninth on the list. NINTH?!?! So I went to the Athol library (yes, there is one) and am next on the list. Woo hoo! I can't wait to read it. And to see the movie in November!

Aidan, my nephew, asked me yesterday if I would trade Julianna for his baby. (My sister is expecting a baby girl in January.) I thought he just didn't want to wait any longer for his baby sister. But when I told my sister about it, she told me that he knows that he will only have to go to school half days once the baby comes since she will be home instead of all day like he does now. And I thought it was because Jules is so cute! :)

Homeschooling is still hard. But it's getting easier since I have decided to relax. We don't have to do every single lesson every single day and that makes it much easier on everyone. And the boys are ahead in some subjects, especially math, so we are able to get through those lessons faster. So for now we are going to take it easy and catch up if we need to when we're snowed in this winter. (Yesterday they went in for IRI testing (reading) and are both reading well above grade level.)

I won Phil's book give away! The only thing better than books is free books! :) Thanks, Phil.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I so identify with the shopping thing. It's hard for me to find anything for Katie that doesn't have Mary Kate and Ashley tattooed somewhere on it! And what's with dressing nine year olds like miniature twenty year olds?

Glad you like the books--we will definitely have to hit the movie together when it comes out! (Paul has zero interest in accompanying me to that one...go figure.) :)

Ada said...

well i may have been wrong. When i asked Aidan about it he said..."Well she is really cute. Lets wait and see what our baby looks like and then we can decide." He is right...she is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully belly shirts will not come back in style in Julianna's lifetime. I remember a time when Amelia was about 6, and if I wanted her belly covered, the sleeves would be way too long. Now she is very modest (At least about covering herself up, if not about bringing attention to herself with her bizarre fashion sense). If I could only get her to conform to my obsession about everything matching.

Jen said...

Katrina, It's no wonder little girls grow up so fast. I'm in for the movie. I'll supply the plastic teeth!

Ada, I'm so glad Aidan loves Jules. She loves him, too. She always smiles so big at him. And I know that your baby will give her a run for her money for the "cutest baby ever" award. :)

Marci, Belly shirts...YIKES! And matching is so over rated.

Idaho Dad said...

Homeschooling is still hard. But it's getting easier since I have decided to relax.

We're in our third year, and it's still hard at times. And I still need to learn to relax about certain things.

I'm just now getting used to the idea of having a whole day of just history, or just science, or both. You have to learn not to be a slave to the online Daily Plan.