Friday, October 24, 2008

My Vote

I have voted in every presidential election since I was old enough to vote. That would be 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2004. So since I have been voting we have had two presidents. I voted for one of them. But this year I have been more interested in the election than I ever have been before. I am more knowledgeable about the candidates and the issues thanks to Huckleberries Online and John Stewart. Oh yeah, and I watched all the debates and read a few articles, too.

But I think I've had enough. I think I have seen and heard and talked about the election enough and here's why.

Last night I dreamt about Obama. He was at my house visiting like we'd known each other forever and were old friends. He kept talking to me like he assumed that I was voting for him. I felt guilty for not telling him that I wasn't voting for him even if we were friends. I wanted to tell him, but I just couldn't. I tried to change the subject. I tried to avoid him. I tried to make excuses but he wouldn't let it drop. I felt bad but I just couldn't tell him that I wasn't voting for him. I was instead voting for...myself (as a write in candidate, of course).

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Heehee...great dream. I'm going to write you in, too. I hope that's okay. You can fit President-ing into your schedule, right?

Ada said...

Have you been talking to Dad? He thinks we should all vote for ourselves. Write in our own names and then when neither of them gets elected we may just get better candidates.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you were willing to be written in. I think that I will vote for you, too.

Jen said...

Katrina, Ada, and Marci...I will give you all jobs as ambassadors. You pick the country. :)

Ada said...

ooh, ooh ok, but I don't want a country...i just want Hawaii. But I want it moved closer. And if you are going to be the president then we can move a few little islands, right?

Anonymous said...

I'll take Great Britain. Just give me a castle and high tea every afternoon. I'll be in charge of preserving all of the significant haunts of great authors and poets. Of course, it will be necessary to visit them all.