Monday, October 06, 2008

Sleepy

Josh has a pet turtle. He got him for his 5th birthday to replace the one that ran away. His name is Leonardo (after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, of course) and when Julianna was born he was banished to the basement since the play room where his tank was became her room.


Well, this morning when I went downstairs to get some of the boys' stuff for school, I didn't see him in his tank. I looked for any sign of him and saw nothing. There is no way possible for him to escape said tank and so I came to the conclusion that he must be hibernating. Turtles do hibernate in the wild during the cold months and since there has been no heat on in the basement I thought maybe he was buried in there asleep. So I poked around under the bedding a little and sure enough I soon felt his shell.


And then I thought about last night. About how I was up with Jules until 11:00 and then back up at 11:42 and 12:23 and 12:58 and 2:44 and finally at 6:23. And I began to wonder if hibernation is possible for humans. I could use a month or two of sleep.

2 comments:

Ada said...

I'm pretty sure you have a better chance of hibernation while they are still in the womb. Too late for you...but for me on the other hand. Nighty night.

Katrina said...

At five and nine, you'd think my kids might be starting to get the hang of sleeping in, at least on Saturday, when they don't have to go to school. Apparently, that skill is reserved for teenagers and mothers who got up at 2:30am on nightmare duty.

Your night sounds trying. I hope you catch up on your sleep soon!