Friday, January 23, 2009

Ramblings

I was holding Abby (my new niece) the other day when I went to visit my sister. My mom was holding Julianna. After about 30 seconds, Jules decided that she didn't like that one bit. We had to switch babies. When she was the baby on my lap, she was fine.

Speaking of Abby, she gets more adorable every time I see her. She is such a blessing.

During that same visit Aidan transformed himself into the cutest pirate ever. Even cuter than Jack Sparrow.

Speaking of Aidan, he has also informed me that he no longer wants to trade his baby for Julianna. He told me that he was afraid his sister was going to look like a green alien and since she doesn't and is cute after all, he'll keep her.

Josh and Adam went to take their Idaho Reading Indicator tests yesterday and both scored way above grade level. Good news for me as mom and teacher.

Speaking of reading, I bought the new "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" book for the boys the other day at Costco. That evening, I picked it up, turned to the middle, and started reading it. I laughed out loud so many times that I went back and started from the beginning. Now I want to go back and read the first two in the series.

Julianna is so close to crawling. She gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth. Sometimes she even gets on her hands and feet like Mowgli. And even though she doesn't quite have the whole crawling thing down, she is still able to get around pretty good by rolling and scooting.

Speaking of Julianna, I had a very strange thing happen last Sunday when I was teaching the cradle roll Bible class. Jules and Lily were the only two babies in class and in the middle of singing songs about ducks, I looked at Jules and had to remind myself that this beautiful, sweet baby was mine. Some days it seems so surreal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your last comment about Julianna, but usually when parents have to remind themselves that that child is, in fact, theirs is when the child is swinging from the curtains and screaming :)(whose kid is *that*?) But your version is sweeter!

Katrina said...

Congrats on the boys' great test scores! All that one on one instruction time with one of the world's best teachers is paying off!

I can't believe how quickly Jules is growing up. Didn't you just tell me you were pregnant like...yesterday? Where in the world are all these days and weeks and months sneaking off to?

Anonymous said...

Tell Aidan they usually only look like red or purple aliens. And that's just the first few minutes.

And speaking of Julianna, she sure is a good judge of character.

And speaking of Josh, we have had more phone calls between our boys lately than we have had ourselves. Is this a harbinger of things to come?