Saturday, January 24, 2009

Woo Hoo!

So this morning I drove into town to pick up the boys who had both spent last night away from home. After I picked up Josh, I decided to stop by McDonald's to get breakfast. Some friends from church work there and happened to be working this morning. They asked me if we had signed up for the drawings that they were having to celebrate their grand re-opening. When I told them we hadn't, they gave us the forms to fill out. I filled out four, one for each of us who is old enough to know what a prize is. On the way home, I was thinking how cool it would be if we won the big prize. But I didn't think we would. How often do you really win in those kinds of drawings? Well, a few hours after we got home, the phone rang and it was a lady from McDonald's. And guess what? WE WON!! And guess what we won? We won an XBOX360!!! I can't even tell you how excited the boys are. Thrilled is an understatement. So this evening when I go back into town for something else, I am going back to McDonald's to pick up our new XBOX360!!!

I knew that all those trips to McDonald's would pay off someday.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Whoa, that is SO cool!!! I bet the boys (all three of them) are over the moon!

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow.... how fantastic.... one of mine had one for crimbo and its brill... its nice to hear of someone actually winning something...


Enjoy..

x

Idaho Dad said...

We went through the drive-in for lunch yesterday, and Ronald McDonald himself told us to be sure to sign up for the XBox. But I didn't want to park and go in, so we drove on home.

I'm pretty sure that's why you won. :)

Jen said...

Katrina, they are all really excited. I am too since it came with Pac Man! Now I'm sure my boys will want to have game parties, too!

Marmie, I have never won a big prize like this before. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket since I'm having good luck. :)

Idaho Dad, Thanks for not entering. We appreciate your generosity. :)