Friday, March 12, 2010

Lord Have Mercy*

Remember this song by Mr. Mister?

Kyrie eleison, down the road that I must travel
Kyrie eleison, through the darkness of the night
Kyrie eleison, where I'm going will you follow
Kyrie eleison, on a highway in the light

I had the record in the 80's and practically wore it out listening to it. Whatever happened to them? Anyways, we heard that song on the way to school this morning and I just had to sing along. How can you not? And Josh, who loves music almost as much as I do, was listening, too. A few minutes later, when there was an ad on the radio, I heard him singing it in the back seat.

Carryin' a laser down the road that I must travel
Carryin' a laser through the darkness of the night
Carryin' a laser where I'm going will you follow
Carryin' a laser on a highway in the light

I turned the radio down to make sure that's really what I was hearing. Then I asked him if that's what he was saying and he said "yes." I laughed and laughed. Carryin' a laser? Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

*The phrase "kyrie eleison" means "Lord, have mercy" in Greek. Just in case you were wondering.

5 comments:

Ada said...

Who knew mr mr was reigious? aren't they the ones that had the really weird video where he wasn't in a comic and then he was and then he banged his body on the walls of said comic. Weird!

kathy said...

ada, young one, that wasn't mr. mister, that was a-ha (okay, i'll admit it, i was thinking big country first, then i googled it. silly me, big country was from scotland and a-ha is from norway. yes, IS. they are touring this summer. anyone want to go?)

Jen said...

Girls, I totally knew it was a-ha without googling. And YES, let's go see them. I'll just bet they show that crazy comic video on a big screen behind the stage.

kathy said...

okay, beginning of may. new york, chicago or los angeles?

Jen said...

Ooh, ooh, let's go to New York!