Thursday, October 06, 2011

10 Things Thursday

10 things you should take on a trip...according to my kindergarten through 2nd grade Bible class.

1. clothes
2. toothbrush and toothpaste
3. gps
4. binoculars
5. tent
6. refrigerator
7. brain and heart--said in all seriousness because "If you don't you would die."
8. guts--said in all silliness after the previous answer
9. batteries
10. map

This was a discussion leading up to the story of God sending Abram from Ur to Hebron. He left without knowing where he was going or how long he'd be gone. He just went because it's what God said to do. Good lesson for me to teach. God often says to me, too, "Just go. I'll fill you in on the details later." Guess I'd better get my brain and heart ready.

2 comments:

Ada said...

what about a camera, phone charger and a book? those things are always on my list when I'm packing.

I too need to get my brain & heart ready. Thanks for the reminder.

DD Sullivan said...

Very savvy group. I like the brain and heart mention too!