Friday, October 21, 2011

Pronounced

I have seen a lot of things in my many years as a teacher. Many, many things. But today I saw something for the first time. I was sitting at my desk doing what teachers do while the kids enjoyed a few minutes of free time. And this is what I heard:

H: A., do you take him to be your wedding husband?
A: I do.
H: J., do you take her to be your wedding wife.
J: Umm, I guess so.
H: I now pronounce you married. You may kiss the bride.
(Upon which I peeked at the ceremony just in time to see the "bride" grab and kiss the "groom" on the cheek while he struggled to get away.)
H: Okay, now the baby can be born.

Oh. My. Goodness. It was the cutest thing I've seen all day. Who else in the whole world can say they attended a wedding ceremony (and birth) while teaching kindergarten?

1 comment:

Ada said...

hahaaaaaaa...sooooo sweet!