Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Note From The Teacher

Dear Blog Readers,

Just a note to let you know that my teaching year is CRAZY. Twenty-six total students from ages 4 to 14. Six grade levels with a learning and skill spectrum far wider. Lessons to plan. Papers to prep. Tests to write and give and grade. Games to create and play. Books to choose and assign. Gogurt and fruit snack and apple sauce cups to open. Not to mention all the extras I do like Box Top duty and being student council advisor. My days are busy and full to the max and flying by. (Two weeks down already!) But as busy as they are (and after surviving a rough first week), my days are also filled with 26 of the cutest, sweetest, funniest, smartest, most wonderful little souls I've ever met. I laugh out loud every single day! And I get to share the wonders of the world with those who are still in wonder. Challenging job? Yes. But an amazing job, too. Just amazing.

So, I guess what you need to know is this. Trying to be the best teacher I can be takes a lot of energy and time and leaves very little time for blogging. Therefore, expect far fewer new posts for a while. (I didn't even get to 10 Things Thursday this week although I had several fascinating topics to choose from. Like the top 10 snack choices of kindergartners and the 10 most amusing middle school excuses for why work isn't finished.)  And if the posts that do happen to appear aren't quite grammatically correct or well written or, you know, coherent, you'll understand why. 

Thanks for understanding. You are the best blog readers ever. All 4 of you.

Sincerely,
Mrs. R.

5 comments:

kathy said...

okay. but i want to hear the excuses. thomas said his dog ate his homework once. i have the picture to prove she really did.

Anonymous said...

SO WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS IF I WANT TO HEAR WHAT'S GOING ON I NEED TO STOP BY. OKAY! JORDAN/AKA READER #2

Allison said...

I read your blog every time! I am confident you have more than 4 readers!

Katrina said...

I want to hear the excuses, too! Do any of them involve aliens? Or piranhas? Or alien piranhas?

Ada said...

I will do your box top stuff. I'm happy to help.

I love the excuses post...work on it when you can. :)