Thursday, October 25, 2007

ACSI

I've been trying to write about my trip to Seattle for a few days now and decided that the conference was something that you had to attend to really appreciate. So I'll skip most of the details and just tell you some of my favorite parts.

*Our fearless leader wanting to stop in Tri-Cities for gas on the way to Seattle. Umm...Tri-Cities is not on the way to Seattle.

*Learning more about my co-workers. (Maybe more than I wanted to know.)

*Worship time spent with hundreds of Christian school educators.

*The classes. Especially "Music in the Christian Classroom" and "Hands On Teaching."

*Learning that there is a thought that there were, in fact, dinosaurs on the ark with Noah.

*Meeting the teacher who I want to be when I grow up.

*Freebies from the venders at the conference.

*The 40 minute quarter mile trip to our hotel from the restaurant because of the power outage. (Mostly because it made for good stories when we called home. With every call the distance got shorter and the time got longer.)

*Truth or dare during the power outage. What's told in Bothell, stays in Bothell.

*Mom's Teriyaki Restaurant.



Things that weren't so fun.

*Having the worst sore throat of my life for the first two days.

*Hard hotel matresses.

*Not being able to find chicken noodle soup anywhere in western Washington.

*The amazingly frightening traffic in western Washington.


On Friday afternoon we left Bothell for Seattle. This was the part of the trip where we played instead of worked. That'll be my next blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm. Mom's Teriyaki. You are one tough traveling pregnant woman.

Ada said...

I am just glad to see a blog. I missed you. I had to read the Mom's teriyaki a few times. I kept thinking...mom didn't go w/them. :)

Katrina said...

Finally! I've been waaaaiting foreeeever! (Just thought you might want to catch up on some of the whining you probably missed while you were gone...) Sounds like fun, and I want to know some of the things you learned about your co-workers (unless, of course, you learned them in the course of that Truth or Dare game, in which case they're subject to the aforementioned confidentiality clause.)

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Lots of "truth", no "dare". Hmmmm, if one didn't know better, one might think there was very little confidence in the reasonability (apparently that's not a word) of the co-workers and roommates. Where's the trust?

Jen said...

Marci, I think you just outed me on the whole baby thing. That's okay. It was about time anyway. And I could go for some teriyaki chicken right now.

Ada, "Mom" was this little Asian lady who acted like a mom. I had only been in her restaurant for five minutes and she was hugging me and asking me if I was okay. Apparently the mixture of strep throat and morning sickness was showing on my face.

Katrina, all I can say is that one co-worker has a "potty" mouth and one takes FOREVER in the shower. I'll let you see if you know who it is.

Kathy, I might have taken a dare from Debbie, but not you or Marci. And besides that, what could I possibly have to hide?!