Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Mmm...Pineapple

I love fresh pineapple. And pineapple juice and pineapple chunks. And ham and pineapple pizza. And pineapple upside down cake. And I especially love the pineapple express. This wonderful gift from God that has miraculously appeared the last few days has melted over a foot of snow from my driveway and yard, has cleared all the ice from the roads that I have to drive, and has allowed me to throw my big down coat in the backseat of the van. It was 50 degrees when I was driving home today. It's like a reprieve from winter and I love it.

I know it won't last. I know the snow will come again and the coat will have to be worn. But for now, I am so enjoying a little warmth. A few more days and I just may be able to stand the rest of winter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy pineapple to you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, we are trying to get as many people as we can to support Taryn Hecker's rehire on the HBO blog. We are commenting in the Steve Smith thread. can you help us out? Here is the link:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/hbo/archive.asp?postID=19734#comments

Ada said...

Am I the only one confused by the pineapple express. Is this something that was named while I was out of the country. I am never leaving again, I feel so left out.

Jen said...

Ada, the pineapple express is a warm weather front bringing warm air from Hawaii, hence the name.