Friday, December 07, 2007

Today's Show and Tell

  • toy cell phone so C. can text her sisters
  • sticky tack (You know, that blue stuff that teacher's put posters up with.)
  • miniature air hockey game
  • stuffed horse that is "cuddly and soft"
  • another toy cell phone
  • two spider man action figures--one with a glider and one with a motorcycle
  • little yellow unicorn (actually it's a pegasus)
  • nothing to show, but this to tell, "A preying mantis is kind of like a cricket except it doesn't make noise."
  • a stuffed kitty that meows when you rub her back (along with a 5 minute presentation on when she was lost, how she was found, and how L. convinced her sister to let her bring her for show and tell)
  • a coin* that turns into a hand when you drop it into the lake (actually a nickel)
  • a stuffed dog puppet that barks "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
  • a reading book (a teacher's favorite show and tell!)

*said coin was on the table when we started but somehow disappeared. I offered up a reward for the missing coin which sent my whole class into detective mode. It suspiciously appeared in the toy cupboard far away from where it started. I think it found it's way into a pocket and then into the toy cupboard so that the perpetrator could avoid being caught red handed. If you ever need to know, when a teacher offers a reward for something lost, they are watching to see which pocket the lost item appears in.

1 comment:

Ada said...

I don't know how I feel about kindergarteners texting. wow.
Did the coin actually turn into a hand? What?
I was actually trying to imagine the barking of the song. Ok, actually I had to try it. I should have never put that into print. But I had to try...that is actually one of the harder songs.