Ten reasons why I'm getting a new microwave today...
1. The old one quit working yesterday. (It's only the second one I've worn out in 16 years of marriage.)
2. I am having to reheat things in the oven which takes so much longer.
3. Adam thought that we could only eat cold food from now on.
4. I never remember to thaw things ahead of time and always have to use auto defrost.
5. I had to make the kid's quesadillas on the stove last night and burnt the first one. That never happens in the microwave.
6. Even though I darned socks last week, I'm not so good at channeling my inner Caroline Ingalls by having to cook the old fashioned way. (I know, I know. My flat topped stove and self cleaning oven are not the old fashioned way, but you get the point.)
7. You never know when you might have to suddenly heat up leftover pizza.
8. Someone else in the family might want seconds at dinner after I've already put the food away and he'll refuse to let me use the oven to heat it up. (Not naming any names.)
9. So that I can remind Arrty yet again that, "If it involves heat, it IS cooking."
10. Microwave popcorn. Enough said.