Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blessed Sunday

I don't know how many of you have gone to Blogs I Read and clicked over to meet Gitz at Choose Joy. I've been reading her blog for a while now and have been touched so many times by her joy, love, and exuberance for life...whatever that life might hold. At first I was sad to read her posts because I knew that her life, confined to her apartment in an ill body that didn't match her heart, wasn't what she wanted. I was scared to think that if someone like Sara could be given such a life to live, it could happen to anyone. But I kept reading. Sara's posts don't allow for her readers to be sad or scared. Each and every post lifts spirits and glorifies the Lord. Sara's love for God and acceptance of His plan for her ended up overcoming my sadness and fear and became inspiration. I can't even tell you how many times I was feeling sorry for myself and thoughts of Sara came to me. I can walk outside and feel the sun on my face and breeze in my hair. I can come and go in my life and not be afraid that I'll catch every little thing there is to catch. I can move and breath and speak and laugh without a second thought. All impossible for sweet Sara. Sara's trust in the Lord, his plans, and his timing became an example to me. And I'm reminded so, so often, because of Sara, to choose joy.

For the last few weeks Sara's already poor health had taken a turn for the worse. Her body began shutting down. I was a little sad knowing that the end of this life was so near for her. But I was mostly happy because I believed that she was ready to take the next step God had planned for her. And last night she took that step. I never heard Sara's voice except through her words on the screen. And we only emailed a few times. But I know that this morning Sara is singing and dancing and running like she's never done before. In the presence of the angels, her dad, and so many more who have loved her here on earth. So I'll say a prayer for her family and friends today who are already missing her. But I will also smile knowing that she is free. Absolutely free and loving every minute of it.

No comments: