10 things about yesterday...
1. It was the 4th of July...Independence Day...America's birthday.
2. We hosted our 8th annual 4th of July BBQ Extravaganza.
3. It was full of food, fun, and friends.
4. Only two families besides ours attended...we totaled 16. But the ones who came are two of my favorite families ever!
5. We had all the all-American foods...hot dogs, watermelon, corn on the cob, and apple pie...plus a whole lot of other yummy stuff.
6. One family brought their visiting Chinese exchange students and one translator. But the kids discovered that there is no language barrier when it comes to water gun fights and Foosball!
7. Julianna wanted to know which "Chinese" they came from. "Is it the one where we go to eat noodles?" Ummm...no.
8. Apparently they don't have screen doors in China. Ours got walked through...twice.
9. I learned that you never know when the topic of "chicken diapers" will arise.
10. There's not much better than a fun day that ends with fireworks.