Saturday, February 07, 2009

Smurfy


Yesterday we were walking through the toy aisles at Target when all of a sudden I exclaimed, "Smurfs!" The boys thought I was crazy, which is nothing new, until I pointed out the little blue plush Smurfs on the shelf. I then explained to them what Smurfs were and told them to pick one out. I couldn't resist. They each chose a Smurf and I grabbed a Smurfette for Jules.* Then this morning I googled Smurf and guess what? There is a new Smurf movie in the works. The release date is December 2010. Apparently it takes a while to come up with all that smurfy dialogue.

Then this morning I was flipping channels on tv and saw Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, and two versions of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I was right. I guess the 80's really did have the best cartoons.

*Julianna was more interested in the tag on the Smurfette than the Smurfette itself. She was chewing on the tag while she rode in the cart so I took it from her so that there was at least a partial upc code to scan when we got to the register. Well, she did not like that one bit. She screamed and threw herself around in the cart seat like I've never seen before. I tried to give her the toy we had brought for her to play with, but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. She was only happy when she was once again chewing on the Smurfette tag. (Note to self: Take the tags off toys before giving them to Julianna.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm jealous of your Smurfs!

Anonymous said...

I bought Brainy Smurf at one of those touristy toy stores while vacationing at the Oregon Coast a couple of years ago. You gotta love a man carrying books!

MarmiteToasty said...

I still have a little original smurf :)

x