Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The One With The Smoky Voice

Remember that episode of Friends where Phoebe gets a cold and when she starts to sing Smelly Cat at Central Perk, she sounds good. She loves her new, cold induced, smoky, cool voice. And for once, others appreciate her voice, too. Well, I thought of that Sunday when I started to sing at church. This cold, that I hate having, made my okay alto voice sound all smoky and cool like Phoebe's. It was kind of weird singing hymns and worship songs in that kind of a voice, but it was cool none the less. I do hope, though, that next week I have my plain old healthy voice back. I will not, like the desperate Phoebes, go around licking sick people's coffee mugs to regain my smoky, cool voice. That would just be weird.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Move over, Kathleen Turner! I do sort of enjoy the deeper voice when I get a cold, too. I've never tried singing with it, though. I'm just happy not to sound like Minnie Mouse when I answer the phone!

Unknown said...

Whenever you notice it's gone, I expect you to yell, "I lost my sexy phlegm!"