Thursday, March 03, 2011

10 Things Thursday

10 things that would make perfect gifts for me. (This post is in no way related to the fact that tomorrow is my birthday...okay maybe it's a little related.)

1. Books. I love books. The one I really want but haven't splurged for yet is the new Mark Twain autobiography.
2. Movies. I also love movies and our family has a pretty good collection. I am starting to collect the "girl" Disney movies now for Jules.
3. Movie tickets. One of my favorite things to do with others or by myself is go to the movies. But I rarely do anymore because it costs a week's wages to take the whole family. And it's hard to get away by myself.
4. Restaurant gift cards. Who doesn't like a night off from cooking? I know I do.
5. Music. Cds. Itunes. 8 tracks. Okay, so maybe not 8 tracks. (Although if you have some, I think my dad still has a player somewhere.)
6. Dish towels. The ones I've been using are finally wearing out. I might have to break down and buy some for myself.
7. Chai latte. Mmmm.
8. Poetry. Written by the giver.
9. Wooden bowl. We were at a friend's house for dinner a few weeks ago and she had such a cool wooden bowl for her salad. I liked it a lot and thought about sneaking it out of the house in my diaper bag. (Not really. Who do you think I am?)
10. Time. Time with you. Time with my family. Time with a good book and chai latte. Time by myself. Anyone know where I can get some?

No comments: