Sunday, March 06, 2011

Blessed Sunday

On Friday I was blessed to have yet another great birthday. First thing in the morning the kids and Arrty all gave me the sweetest cards that they picked out themselves. And they gave me movies that they also picked out. So I got Flushed Away from Josh, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium from Adam, Scooby Doo from Julianna, and The Neverending Story from Arrty. Since one of our favorite family activities is watching movies, it was kind of perfect. Then on the way to school I stopped at Dutch Bros. to get my free birthday drink (large chai latte, of course). At school the kids were all excited about my birthday and sang to me off and on throughout the day including the whole school singing during chapel. Kids love birthdays no matter whose it is. One of my student's moms even went home after dropping her daughter off at school and made cupcakes for the class when she found out it was my birthday. How sweet was that? After school my family took me out to dinner. I picked Texas Roadhouse. I had pulled pork and bbq chicken. It was yummy. And yummy again last night when I ate the other half. After dinner I went to Borders and wandered around looking at all the books that I want to read, and bought myself the new Mark Twain autobiography. It's huge! I should have picked it up last instead of first so I didn't have to carry it around the whole store. Then I made a quick stop by my parents' house because I couldn't not see them on my birthday. They did make it all possible after all. When I got home we watched one of my new movies and laughed and ate popcorn. Then I read 'til way too late because I couldn't put my book down (Catching Fire). It was a good day. I smiled a lot and felt blessed to share my day with all those in my life. Here's to many, many more of those special days.

No comments: