Thursday, June 30, 2011

10 Things Thursday

10 things about this week.

1. It was almost, but not quite, summery.
2. I didn't really mind, but I will soon because we want to go to the beach and I need a hot day for that.
3. I have been falling in love with my children all over again. Must be all the time we've been spending together. Or maybe it's because they are just so cute.
4. I watched a few minutes of Eat, Pray, Love. It was the scene where an Italian man tells Julia Roberts' character something like "Italians have made an art of doing nothing." I like that. I've been trying to enjoy my "doing nothing" without thinking of all I should be doing instead.
5. Speaking of Julia Roberts, I want to see her new movie with Tom Hanks. It looks super cute.
6. I just finished reading Graceling. Tomorrow I plan to go to the library to see if they have the next book in the series.
7. I am now reading The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide. Guilty pleasure summer reading at it's finest. I loved the interview part between Stephanie Meyer and Shannon Hale.
8. I am so looking forward to summer theater tonight. One of the four nights per summer guaranteed to be spent with some of my favorite girls eating yummy food and enjoying musical theater.
9. My husband interviewed for and got a job. A full time, permanent, benefited job. The first such job in almost 4 years. Hallelujah!
10. I have been reminded this week of the power of prayer. And of all those who love us and have taken our family before the Lord in their prayers. What a blessing.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Still jumping up and down here!(!!)

I want to see that new Julia Roberts movie, too. Let's plan a girls' night!

Allison said...

Yea for Arty! and you! and the Kids!.