Friday, April 13, 2007

Hope

This morning in chapel, we had a special presentation about Lifeline of Hope, the orphanage aid organization that our church and school support. The man who was here had a slide presentation to show the kids and since our class was first to chapel, we watched as he turned on his projector and got to his first slide. This slide showed a little girl about a year old being held by an aid worker. She was nearly bald, not very clean, not very well taken care of, and obviously sad. These pictures always bring tears to my eyes as I think of my own children and how truly blessed we are.

But I was surprised when I looked at the student next to me. She, too, had tears in her eyes. She looked up at me and said, "My eyes are really watery." When I asked her what was wrong she just pointed to the picture up on the wall. It reminded me once again why I do what I do. Why I teach at a Christian school. Why I teach God's children. These children learn everyday about the love and kindness of our Lord and this morning I saw what that can do. It can, and does, instill in them that same love and kindness toward each other and the world.

No comments: