Monday, April 02, 2007

TGIF&S&S

I love weekends. As much as I enjoy my job and my students, I love weekends. There is a certain freedom and excitement that only seem to belong to Friday nights and Saturdays and Sundays. And this weekend was especially great.

On Friday night, three of my sister-friends took me out for a belated birthday celebration complete with dinner (chicken taco salad at America's Cheesecake Cafe), a movie (Premonition--I give it three out of four stars), and ice cream (germanchokolatekake at Cold Stone Creamery). We laughed and talked and enjoyed each other's company just as we always do. It reminded me once again why I love these ladies. (Just don't ask Katrina about recycling!) :)

Saturday morning I spent a few hours cleaning house and playing with the boys. (I can ninja fight with the best of them!) This all sounds very ordinary, but in the midst of it all, I thanked God, because not so long ago I was barely able to get off the couch, no less fight off two miniature ninjas. I was happy.

Saturday afternoon, I attended the very sweet wedding of a very special couple. Weddings always remind me how much I appreciate my amazing husband.

Saturday night I made homemade pizza with the boys; messy and slow, but fun and yummy. After they went to bed, we watched "The Prestige." It was a great movie, but even better was the conversation we had afterwards about all the twists and turns. We decided that we need to see it again.

Sunday afternoon we all went to the movies and saw the digital 3D version of "Meet the Robinsons." It is amazing. This new kind of 3D is so much better than the old kind. The boys loved it. They kept trying to reach out and grab things that came flying toward them. The story in the movie was great, too. Then we discussed our favorite characters from the movie over Chinese food for lunch. Mine is "Goob."

Sunday evening, just before the sun went down, we went for a walk. Living out in the country gives us the perfect place to walk. When we first moved to our new house six years ago, we walked with both boys in a double stroller. The next summer one walked and one was in a stroller. Since then, they have both walked, but with many stops along the way to look at a bird or pick up a rock. And this year, we walk and they ride their bikes, which they love. No matter how we travel, it's a great time together.

So, this was a great weekend full of family and friends and fun. Which, if you ask me, is the best kind of all.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Sounds delightful through and through!

As for the recycling, I've learned my lesson. We might be commanded to confess our sins, but it's probably a good idea to be more careful about the where and when (and to whom!)

Amy said...

sounds like heaven!!

I loved the Prestige, too, and need to see it again!!