Friday, November 21, 2008

Get A Clue

Thursday nights have become family game night at our house. Last week it was Dominoes and Triple Yahtzee. Last night it was Clue. I hadn't played Clue for years. Like 20 years. And the boys had never played. So we all had to learn (or re-learn) together. It was really fun to watch the boys try to strategize their moves and figure out who did it, with what, where. Well, Josh had a strategy. Adam mostly moved from room to room and suggested that he (Mr. Green) did it with the lead pipe. And he had a hard time not commenting on each clue card he received. Yes, the lead pipe is bent like someone really used it to hit someone else. Yes, the knife does look old fashioned. Yes, it is weird that daddy is Col. Mustard when he actually can't stand mustard. But we got through 2 whole games of Clue. I won the first one which was kind of surprising since I wasn't trying that hard. And Arrty won the second one. Which wasn't surprising at all because he was trying really hard. And it wasn't Mr. Green with the lead pipe either time.

3 comments:

Ada said...

Its a good thing I asked if you already had Clue...I was going to get it for the boys for Christmas. I used to love playing that. All I get to play is Cootie and Aidan cheats so it isn't that fun. Plus I'm too matchy and want all the same color bug w/matching shoes. It really is a hard game for me overall. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

We dont call it 'clue' over here..... its the same game though only ours is called 'Cluedo'...

We LOVE board games in this house, does that make us nerds LOL

x

Anonymous said...

I loved Clue when I was a kid, but it is not as much fun to play when you know that John is going to win every time. He is very sharp at paying attention to detail. For example, he told me once that he and his father could tell by how I set up my pinochle hand what I had in my hand. It made me so mad! I agree with Ada about the matchy thing. Who wants a bug that does not match? That is why Pretty, Pretty Princess is so much better.