Monday, November 10, 2008

Seeing Spots

Did you know that babies are born without freckles? They are. It's hard to believe that my sons, who's noses (and cheeks and arms) are sprinkled with freckles now, were born completely unfreckled. Josh's first freckle appeared behind his right ear when he was about 5 months old. Adam's appeared at about the same age...behind his right ear! I know. Weird.

And guess what we found yesterday. Julianna's first freckle. It isn't behind her right ear which would have been freaky. It is just to the right and above her belly button. So cute!

One more first. They seem to happen every day lately.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jim is freckley and freckles are a dominant trait, so I keep wondering if Lily will have freckles, but I had no idea when they would show up. Now I have an idea! Thanks!

Ada said...

why do you think that is? Do you think God puts special first freckles on babies? Do you think that they mean something? I wonder in other cultures if there is some story that goes along with it. Aidan's first freckle was the one on his hairline...the one i call my kissing freckle. I didn't know they showed up at five months. i'm going to inspect this baby everyday and see when she gets hers? wouldn't it be freaky if it was on her hairline? oooohhhh....

MarmiteToasty said...

That means they are aliens..... Im sorry to have to tell you this news.... they all need to be handed over to you FBI where they will be monitored and sussed out what they are doing here.....

x