Thursday, February 04, 2010

10 Things Thursday


10 book characters who are at school today for "Dress Up and Read" day...

1. the Grinch (How the Grinch Stole Christmas)
2. a Wild Thing (Where the Wild Things Are)
3. Princess Violante (Inkspell)
4. Alice the Fairy (Alice the Fairy)
5. Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants series) (my favorite, by the way)
6. Mary and Laura Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie series)
7. the wicked witch of the west (The Wizard of Oz)
8. the Queen of Hearts (Alice In Wonderland)
9. Pirate Pete (Pirate Pete)
10. the Cat in the Hat (The Cat in the Hat) (Umm, should we be concerned that when The Cat and I went through McDonald's drive through to get a Diet Coke, they didn't even flinch at serving a giant cat in a giant hat? It makes me wonder who was in the car before us.)

10 of my favorite book characters that I would have dressed up as if I had the makings of the costume...

1. Star Girl (Star Girl)
2. Clementine (Clementine series)
3. Miss Nelson (Miss Nelson is Missing)
4. Mama Bunny (Runaway Bunny)
5. Karana (Island of the Blue Dolphins)
6. Esther (The Bible)
7. Caroline Ingalls (Little House on the Prairie series)
8. Miri (Princess Academy)
9. Sarah (Sarah Plain and Tall)
10. Hadassah (A Voice in the Wind)

(Hmm!? What an interesting list. Each of these characters shows some trait that I hope I have in my life--integrity, love, courage, individuality, creativity, loyalty. I didn't even think of that until I was reading back over the list.)

Who is your favorite book character?

4 comments:

The Kat said...

what do you mean, "giant cat"?

kathy said...

if we dressed as characters with traits we hope to have. what does that say about me?!

ps- if you dress as clemetine, may i help cut your hair off and color the remaining bits with markers? please?

Jen said...

Kathy, didn't Clementine do that to someone else? So maybe we can do yours.

marci said...

Why didn't you dress like Karana? After all, don't we all have a cormorant skirt in our closets? I have yet to find out if Violante is a favorite character. I haven't finished the book yet but so far, so good. Hopefully she doesn't do anything to make me regret that I dressed up as her. "Favorite" character is so hard to choose. I'll have to think about that.