Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blessed Sunday

Since today is Valentine's Day, I'd like to tell you what a blessing my valentine is to me. We met when I was 11 and he was 12. We went to school together in middle school, but not in high school. We started officially dating when I was 16. And we got married when I was 20. This summer we will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. He is the only one I've ever kissed. I hardly remember life without him by my side.

I love a lot of things about him. That he loves the Lord. That he makes me laugh. That he loves our children. That he knows me better than anyone. The memories that we have made together. I love that he never complains about my cooking or when the sink is full of dishes. I love that he says thank you after dinner even if it's hot dogs or take and bake pizza. But what makes me love him most of all is that he loves me. He has loved me through all the things we have been through over the years. Good and bad. Up and down. Crazy and really, really crazy. He's loved me anyways. And that is a blessing.

Oh, yeah. He also gave me a dozen red roses today. I love that, too.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

So sweet! Happy Valentine's Day!

marci said...

I love it when people that I love are happily married. I love how I bought John the Jim Croce cd that I wanted for Valentine's Day, and then he bought me the miniature roses that I wanted. I am spoiled!