Thursday, September 23, 2010

10 Things Thursday

10 reasons I love our school...

1. The staff. We like each other and work well together and share in this ministry together. I am encouraged each day by these great people and their dedication to God's children.
2. The kids. We have such a great bunch of kids. And my class this year is especially cute.
3. The parents. Sometimes parents are the hardest part of my job, but the truth is, they love their kids and want what's best for them. And some of them are really, really great.
4. The curriculum. I get to teach kids to read and write and count and sing. And on top of all that, I get to teach them about the love of God.
5. My husband. I met him here a whole bunch of years ago when I was 10 and he was 11. The rest is history. (This is the 30th year for our school.)
6. My children. The boys are just down the hall and I get to see them several times a day. And Julianna gets to come to school with me in the afternoons.
7. My classroom. I have taught in this room for 8 years. I'm as comfortable here as I am anywhere.
8. The rewards. I don't get paid much. Not nearly as much as a public school teacher with 10 years experience. But the rewards I do receive could never be measured with dollar signs. My rewards are measured in smiles and stories and hugs and friends.
9. The environment. Working out in the world is hard for me as a Christian. Here I am surrounded by other Christians and don't have to deal with all that working in "the world" brings. Yes, there are still issues. We are human, after all. But in all my years teaching here, I have never heard a swear word spoken by any of my coworkers. (Although, I can't say that for my kindergartners.)
10. The future. I don't know how many more years the boys will attend our school, but Julianna still has a long future with this school that has meant so much to our family. And here's where I need your help. We are trying to start a 3 year old preschool program and are trying to find students to fill that class. I am especially dedicated to this project because it would mean that Julianna could start preschool next year and be just across the hall from me. If you know any families with 3 year olds who are looking for a great and affordable preschool option for their children, please pass our information on to them. Here it is. Thank you so, so much.

Coeur d'Alene Christian School
(208)772-7118
www.cdachristian.org

No comments: