Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Morning Call

This morning while I was brushing my teeth, my phone rang so Josh answered it. I knew it was my sister because it was her ring that I heard. I heard his side of the conversation which was mostly "okay"s. When he hung up and I finished brushing, I asked him what she wanted. He said that she wanted to borrow "a loaf of bread or two." "A loaf of bread? Are you sure she didn't say a slice of bread or two?" "No, I'm pretty sure she said a loaf." I figured that she was out of bread and needed enough to make a sandwich for my nephew's lunch so I went to the kitchen, opened the bread, and got out a baggie all the while wondering why Josh had said "loaf." So I called her back. "Josh said you needed to borrow a loaf of bread or two," I said laughing and knowing she would say "slice." But to my surprise, after a brief hesitation, she said, "Umm, I asked to borrow a roll of toilet paper or two." I'm so glad I called. She really would have been confused if I had shown up at her house with two slices of bread.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Hmmm... maybe in a pinch...

Ada said...

um, not to mention that bread would most def not help me when i needed to go to the bathroom.
I know from now on to make Josh repeat my request.
Hahhaaaa.

vword:photh
Me: sloth