Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sigh

I've had a hard time thinking about writing this week with my heart still with Stellan's family. It's seems strange to care so much about a child and his family who I have never spoken to or met. But I pray for strangers all the time, even when I don't know their stories. I pray for families I hear about on the news. I pray when I see an ambulance or firetruck drive by with sirens blaring. I pray for those that I only know from their written words and who live all across the world. So knowing Stellan's story and reading his mama's words everyday makes me care for them even more. So I'll keep praying and hope you will, too.

This whole week I have been reminded of what a blessing healthy children are. I thank God everyday that I have three healthy, beautiful, amazing children. And when I see children who aren't so healthy, I say a quick prayer of thanks that mine are and for blessings on those who aren't. Last night when I was up with Julianna at 1:30 and we were rocking in the quiet dark of her room, I didn't feel one ounce of frustration about having to get up with her. I just sat there, staring at her sweet face, grateful that we were in her room, in our home, safe and sound.

I have also been encouraged by Stellan's sweet mama. She so obviously trusts the Lord and knows that he will do the right thing even if it's not what she thinks the right thing is. Wow! I truly don't know if I could be so gracious in her shoes. I hope I could. I hope I could give my sick child to God and trust him with all my heart. I hope and pray that I never have to find out how strong my faith is in such circumstances.

I have also seen the power of blogging this week. MckMama has thousands of people praying for her family all across the world because of her blog. There are bloggers out there who are doing all kinds of wonderful things for her and her family during this difficult time. What an amazing resource we are a part of.

So today I will continue praying. And I will hug my children a few extra times. And I will remember that He can do more than we can ask or even imagine.

No comments: