Sunday, August 29, 2010

Blessed Sunday

I don't know how many times I've posted about my children being blessings. Because they are. My greatest blessings. But on top of having three of the smartest, cutest, sweetest kids ever, they are also healthy. I say a quick prayer of thanks every time I see a child who is not healthy in some way. Today we had lunch with a family whose youngest son has juvenile diabetes. He has to test his levels 8 times a day. And take shots if he wants to have a cupcake. Wow. That's a lot for a second grader...and his family...to have to worry about.


My kids can see and hear and run and play and dance and sing and eat a cupcake any time they want. They aren't even allergic to anything. They are strong and well. And I don't take for granted for one second what a blessing that is.

No comments: