Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rambling

Julianna said, "Fine," to me the other night. As in, "Julianna, come get your jammies on....Julianna, it's time for bed, come get your jammies on...Julianna Grace, come get your jammies on now!" "Fii-iine."

She has also started watching tv. Actually she only watches the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Over and over and over.

"Hairspray" was the best show of the summer theater season. Let me just say that it was all I could do to keep my rear in the seat and not jump up and dance. I was sooo happy when they invited us to dance at the end. Are you kidding me? Yes, I want to dance!

School starts soon. That's all. I just had to say it.

This morning the kids and I went and picked green beans in my mom's garden. After we picked them, they wanted to break them so then we did that. It was a great time with my kids and helped mom out, too.

Then we went to the beach. They love the beach. The boys hardly got out of the water the whole 3+ hours. And as I sat and watched my boys dig in the sand and play with their sister, I quietly hoped that they'll still want to dig and play at the beach next summer...and the next...and the next.

I've tried to read "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" three times this summer. It's been hard for me to get into. I think this third time's the charm.

Speaking of books to movies, I went to see "Eat, Pray, Love" last weekend. First let me say that I love Julia Roberts. And I liked the movie maybe even better than I liked the book. And now I want to travel the world. Alone.

Speaking of alone, I went to that movie alone. Some people who know me think it's weird that I go to the movies alone. But it's one of my favorite things to do. I go and sit where I want and drink my Diet Coke without having to share and watch the movie and laugh and cry whenever I want. You should try it.

1 comment:

Ada said...

Is it bad that I think this is hilarious? Fiiiine...I do. Hilarious.


M I C K E Y M O U S E...Mickey Mouse, Mickey Mouse...Forever let us hold our banner high! high! high!

I want the Dragon book next so get on it. :)

Dad will never let you travel the world. And most certainly not ALONE. Are you kidding me? You are in some sort of dreeeeeam land.