Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweetest Day

Did you know that today is Sweetest Day? I didn't either until I was reading this article. I love the idea, so in honor of Sweetest Day I'm going to share some of my favorite "sweets."

Sweet husband--Mine. He loves me more than I deserve. He understands and accepts me. He sees things in me that I can't see. And he tells me about it.

Sweet 11 year old--Josh. Josh is sweet because he loves to give and get hugs and he has a big heart for his family. He is very intuitive about the feelings of those he loves. And he shares my love of "sweet" music.

Sweet 9 year old--Adam. Adam is sweet because he is thoughtful and willing to compromise. He is hilariously funny and clever. And he has the sweetest blue eyes.

Sweet 2 year old--Julianna. Julianna is sweet because she is sugar and spice and everything nice. She is easygoing and silly and fun loving. She hugs people and animals with intensity. And have you seen her sweet face?

Sweet mom--Mom. Mom is sweet because she's made that way. Always has been. Always will. She is loving and gentle and generous and amazing. She's who I want to be when I grow up.

Sweet dad--Dad. Dad is sweet because he loves his girls and his grandkids more than I know how to explain.

Sweet sister--Ada. She is sweet because she has a huge heart for her family and friends. She is sympathetic and kind and strong. She is smart and beautiful and funny. And her cooking is "sweet" in every sense of the word.

Sweet brother-in-law--Adam. He is sweet to my lovely sister and their wonderful kids. He is hardworking and kind and funny. I'm so glad he's part of our family.

Sweet nephew--Aidan. Oh my goodness. Aidan is amazing. He is funny and brave and strong. He is crazy smart and creative. I can hardly wait to see how he changes the world.

Sweet niece--Abby. Oh my goodness again. Abby is so adorable and funny. She gives me hugs every morning when I drop Jules off at their house and if that's not sweet, I don't know what is. She also has a sweet smile that can light up a room.

Sweet friends--Kathy, Katrina, Marci, and Kim. My sweet sister friends. Kathy is sweet because she always has my back...and trusts me to have hers. Katrina is sweet because, well, because she's Katrina. It's just how God made her--kind, generous, gentle, considerate. Marci is sweet because she is an amazing mom. I'm counting on her wisdom as my kids hit the teen years. Kim is sweet because she makes me laugh...especially when she's not trying to.

Sweet in-laws--Mother, Grandma, Aunt. Arrty's mom, grandma, and aunt are so loving and kind toward us all. The kids adore them and look forward to spending time with them. They are some of our favorite people.

Who would you like to celebrate on Sweetest Day?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd never heard of Sweetest Day until I met Jim. Apparently they celebrated it back in Michigan where he grew up.

Katrina said...

I've never heard of Sweetest Day! I love it!

You would totally be on my list, too, because you're a great friend, and a wonderful example of a loving wife and mother. I learn so much from you!

WV: "tizinis". A fruity drink that involves ice cream, fruit, and something fizzy. "After work, let's go grab a chick flick and knock back some tizinis."