Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I Love (Cheap) Books!

I don't really like to shop. I grocery shop because I have to feed my family. I venture into the mall 2 or 3 times a year for school clothes and Christmas gifts. I go to Target once a month for laundry detergent and toothpaste. But yesterday, I went shopping. Kathy and I went to the Scholastic Book Warehouse for their annual clearance sale. (One of the perks of being a teacher.) Every book in the building was $1, $3, or $5. They had hundreds of titles available, and between the two of us, I'm sure we touched every single one. I bought books for my classroom, gifts for family and friends, books for home, and a biography of Mark Twain for myself. I bought calendars, cookbooks, games and toys. I bought books about school to make a basket for our school auction and an antique collecting book for my mom. We had a great time finding our treasures and trying to out-shop the other teachers who were there. (They didn't stand a chance!) Two and a half hours later I walked out with a box full of books worth over $200 for just $60. And if you ask me, that's the only way to shop.

2 comments:

Amy said...

oooh that would be a dream!!!

Anonymous said...

Where is my book?? :)