Monday, January 08, 2007

Kaboom!

Today in chapel, our administrator was telling the kids about the change in collecting Campbell's soup labels. Apparently we need the UPC codes instead of the front label now. So in trying to tell the students what the UPC code is, he went into great detail about what it looks like, where it's found, how big it is, and what it's for. He told them how when the checker at the store ran the UPC across the scanner it told how much the can cost and what it was. Then he asked the question, "So, what makes that BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP! sound you hear at the store?" Silence. Not even the teachers really knew what actually makes the sound. We just swipe our debit cards and hope for the best. But a student in the four year old class knew. He said, loud and proud, "A BOMB!!!" I'm not sure where his mother shops, but I bet the lines move quickly. You never know which can of soup may be your last!



P.S. One of my kindergartners has nominated "Rainbow" to be listed as one of the four seasons. Sounds good to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was laughing out loud...quietly as to not wake Aid, but out loud nonetheless. Needed that giggle about now...now back to the cover letter. Don't forget to proof read it for me. Love you.

Katrina said...

I think we'll NEED a Rainbow season after this cold, cold January!