Wednesday, July 11, 2007

15 Years

Today I have been married for 15 years. 15 years of good times and bad, rich and poor, sickness and health. And I am better for it. I am just as happy and in love as I was in 1992. Maybe even more so.

I am married to a man that I met when I was 11 years old. We went to school and church together. I'm pretty sure it was playing four square when we realized we were meant for each other. Actually we did like each other then, but we went to different high schools and didn't actually start dating until I was a junior and he was a senior. We dated for three years before we got married, but I like to tell people that we were engaged since middle school. It sometimes feels like it. We were married seven years before we had kids, so we had plenty of time together, just the two of us. It was fun. We worked and went to college and wandered all over the place trying restaurants and seeing movies and going to concerts. I hardly remember a time without him in my life.

In honor of our 15th anniversary, I thought I would share 15 things about my husband.

1. He knows me better than anyone, including myself.
2. He has wonderfully blue eyes that shine when he laughs.
3. He has seen me in all my craziness and still loves me more than anyone.
4. He knows what I'm talking about when I say "I knew it!" and "ice cream."
5. He likes to watch cooking and food shows on television. (Probably because he doesn't see anything like that at home.)
6. He is a great dad and makes me glad that God put us together in this family.
7. He believes in the power of prayer.
8. He loves and understands my family.
9. He's a great teacher in and out of the classroom.
10. He likes his music loud. And preferably from the 80's.
11. He knows the difference between trips and a set.
12. He has always worked hard to support our family.
13. He knows the lyrics to every song he's ever heard. Not to mention the artist, title and year it was released.
14. He's the only man I've ever kissed.
15. He is my best friend.

I thank God everyday for him and the blessing of our marriage. Especially today.

I love you, Arrty. Happy anniversary. And many more.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Happy fifteen years, Jen and Arrty!!! What a wonderful anniversary tribute! You two are such a beautiful example of a Christ-centered marriage, and we are blessed to count you among our friends. May God bless the next fifteen years just as richly!

Ada said...

Happy Anniversary! Tell Arrty he definitely should have had the steak fries. I bet if Arrty had a blog it would be just as long about how wonderful you are. You are a great example of what a wife should be. I shall use you as my mentor. Which I will need in 14 days!!! Yeah!