Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sweetest Wedding Ever

I just got home from the sweetest wedding ever. My sister married the love of her life. It was small and intimate, held outside in a friend's beautiful back yard overlooking Hayden Lake. But the real beauty wasn't found in the setting, but in the bride and groom. They are so much in love that you could feel it in the air. And they both so deserve it. The last few years haven't been easy for either of them. So now that they have seen and felt what real love can be, they appreciate it all the more. They stood in front of family and a few friends and declared their love to each other and their dedication to their new family that includes my wonderful nephew. It was wonderful and amazingly sweet.

My sister seemed to be kind of missing from my life for a few years while she was in a less than desirable relationship, but now she's back. She's smiling and laughing and so, so happy. She calls me and shares her life with me and tells me stories and I absolutely love it. She has always been my best friend and I'm so glad to have her in my life again. The real Ada is back. The fun, happy, life-loving one. Welcome back, sis. I love you. May the rest of your life be as full of love as tonight was. And call me, I love to hear your voice.

2 comments:

Amy said...

How wonderful and beautiful and perfect! That is exactly what a wedding should be, beautiful and elegant from the inside out! Congrats to your sister and her groom!

Ada said...

Through my tears I type...Thank you Jen. Thank you for the prayers that brought Adam to my life and my happiness back. Thank you for all you did for the wedding. Thank you for loving me so very much and knowing me so well. Thank you for the sweetest toast ever. Thank you for being my best friend. I love you.