Friday, April 11, 2008

Errgh!

No show and tell report today because the parents of my students are DRIVING ME CRAZY!! (Not you, Kathy. You know I love you.) And frankly, I don't really care what their kids brought for show and tell. They'll be lucky if I even teach their children anything today. They don't read the notes I send home and then complain because I don't let them know what's going on. They don't do the 10 minutes of homework twice a week that I send home and then complain when their children aren't learning fast enough. They don't participate in class projects and then I have to make up where they leave holes. Their kids get into things they're not supposed to and then they blame me (or the other teachers) because we obviously don't watch them well enough. They don't send lunches with their kids and then complain that we don't keep calling cell phone numbers until we find someone who will actually answer. And then they complain that when they didn't call back about their kid's lunch all I gave them was cheese and crackers, string cheese, canned peaches, a granola bar, and fruit snacks from MY OWN LUNCH. (You're welcome, by the way.) So even though the kid's will do show and tell today, I'm not going to pay attention. I'm rebelling for that 30 minutes in protest of parents who don't do what they should and expect, nay demand, that I make up for it. Errgh!!!

(Okay, I admit that only a few parents are like this. Most are great and truly appreciate what I do for their children. Those I love. And I really don't take it out on my students when their parents frustrate me. We learned 3 new special sounds today and practiced counting nickels, adding, and handwriting. And I love all of my students, even if their parents are....not so lovable.)

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Frustrating! Plus, you need to stop giving away your lunch--the baby needs those fruit snacks!

Ada said...

I think you should post this on a teacher-to-be site. Lets let these people know what really is in store for them. And, dang I am glad Aidan's teacher doesn't have a blog. :)
Oh, and I also agree with Katrina. You need the snacks for that sweet niece of mine. Ask Aidan to share...he just might.