Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today

Today...I am 33 weeks pregnant and have eaten 33 Oreos. (Just kidding. It hasn't been quite that many.)

Today... I learned that just the mere mention of Lucky Charms has the exact same effect on kindergarteners that actually eating the sugary, marshmallowed cereal does.

Today...marks 2 years since my car accident. Two years ago my life was turned upside down when the car I was driving turned upside down (3 times).

Today...I finally settled with the insurance company about my accident. Finally.

Today...I was reminded by a 5 year old that it's okay to say things like, "Yesterday I got 3 new Star Wars action figures--Obi Wan, Luke, and Han," and, "Today I have soccer practice," and, "Tomorrow I'm bringing my guitar for show and tell," when you pray. It's okay to talk to God like he's our friend because he is.

Today...I discussed with my 7th graders the theory of evolution...from a Christian perspective. I love that God is a part of everything we do in our school and that I can freely share my beliefs with my students.

Today...I am glad that tomorrow is Friday.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

It took two years to settle with the insurance company? That makes me grrr.

I would have loved to sit in on your seventh grade class today. Evolution actually came up with Katie the other day and I stumble bumbled through it. Maybe you could give me your notes? :)