Thursday, June 10, 2010

10 Things Thursday


10 things about today.

1. It's the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
2. I'm happy that it's the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!
3. I got end of the year presents today (and earlier this week)...Diet Coke and Oreos and a movie gift certificate (from a mom who obviously knows me very well. Thanks, Alyson.), a Willow Tree trinket box, a basil planter, a Scentsy candle and burner, a set of watering bulbs (from the mom who knows that I do not have a green thumb), a shadow box with teacher stuff, and a huge, beautiful hanging plant. All mighty fine gifts, I think.
4. We had our awards ceremony. Every student in the school got at least one award.
5. Josh got a spelling award and an award for being on the A/B honor roll.
6. Adam got a science award, A/B honor roll, and a Timothy award for character.
7. One of my students leaned over during the awards presentations and asked me, "Teacher, do you know what 'bored' means?" Why, yes. Yes, I do. And apparently all her classmates do, too, because they quickly began to make trumpets/hats/swords/telescopes out of their certificates.
8. I was declared the "Best Teacher Ever" when I gave all the boys in my class GX mini-skateboard toys and all the girls Littlest Pet Shop toys. (I am unofficially also the thriftiest teacher ever because I bought them all on clearance at Target.)
9. Some of my students will not be coming back to our school next year and I'm a little sad that I won't see them again.
10. And lastly, did I mention...it's the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

1 comment:

kathy said...

...sigh...