Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Happy Dirtday, Julianna!

Today my baby turns 2 years old. Yes, this tiny baby...

... is 2! The big 0-2. Amazing. Just amazing. It seems like just yesterday she was born. And it seems like I've never lived a day without her. She runs and sings and dances and plays constantly. She only slows down to sleep. She loves to be outside and play and explore. She adores all animals from a tiny ant to a great big horse and has no fear of any of them. She says more words than I can keep up with and uses them quite proficiently. She even says "cool" when something is "cool" and is starting to pick up "dude." As in, "Dude, share your cookie," or "Dude, let go of me." (Thanks to two big brothers.) She loves books and puzzles and babies and music and noodles and juice and oatmeal. She laughs a lot and cries very little. She has never used a pacifier or sucked her thumb, but she has a blankie that she sleeps with and sucks on the tag of that. No other blankie or tag will do. Believe me, I've tried. She is sweet and charming and funny and silly and wonderfully girlie. She has started asking to wear dresses and insists on picking out her own socks. She likes to brush her hair and anyone else's who will let her. (Like me.) She still needs at least one nap a day, but is fairly happy even without one. She sleeps all night every night (unless she's sick, of course) which makes me very happy. And the baby monitor has become more of an intercom system where I don't hear so much crying as, "Mommy, I need a tissue." Or, "Mommy, where's my bunny?" She is very smart and often surprises us with what she knows and understands. Everyone who knows her, loves her. You can't help it. Just look at that face.


She is a blessing and a gift and a joy.

I love you, Julianna. Happy Dirtday,* Sweet Girl.


*This is how Jules says birthday. As in, "Happy dirtday to me!" But, really, when you're two, isn't everyday dirt day?

4 comments:

April said...

Happy birthday to a very cute little girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Dirtday Julianna! You're sweet and adorable! Have fun being TWO!

Katrina said...

She's only two, but it's hard to remember what the world was like without a Julianna in it! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

MarmiteToasty said...

oh my goodness, your baby is NOT 2 I will not allow it, thats unbelieveable.. and wonderful all at the same time....

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES DARLING YOU......

x