Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blessed Sunday

Today I was blessed to be able to take a nap with Josh. It's been a long, long time since he's taken a nap with me. I remember like it was yesterday the days I would lay on my side on my bed and tuck him under my arm next to me. I remember the feel of his tiny, newborn body and the smell of his sweet head. And the joy and contentment of being a new mom. Today he wasn't tucked under my arm. He can almost tuck me under his. And he doesn't smell the same. But that mom feeling? It was the same. Maybe even more so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy they grow up fast. I remember my first son as a newborn baby and taking naps with him. He is now 34.


The Stickman

MarmiteToasty said...

I miss those times, I miss so much now my lads are man/boys.... but I do get to do it with my darling Reggie sometimes....

x